Re: (ASCEND) P50, NAT and FTP

> Does anybody know  if FTP works with P50 (5.0Ap9) with single IP
> adrress NAT activated on the Internet side of the P50 ?
> It seems to depend on the FTP client I use for FTP, perhaps the NAT on the
> P50 doesn't work with ACTIVE FTP !?!?
> Any hint?

IMHO the normal (or "ACTIVE") FTP should not work, since for transferring data the
FTP-Server opens a new connection to the (NATed = hidden) client. That's not
ASCEND's problem, this will fail with every single-to-many-IP NAT i'd say.
But most clients these days use another method called "passive" mode, where all
connections to the server are initiated by the client. This will work with all flavours
of NAT.

- Ralf

           Ralf Niederhuefner - hostmaster@prolink.de
                  System Manager , Hostmaster