Re: (ASCEND) NAT in pipeline

We are still in the early stages of testing NAT here, but from what I recall
my PC with the private IP was able to resolve using a DNS server at the ISP.
Just set the PC to use the Pipeline as the gateway and the DNS server to be
the ISP's DNS server.  When the PC needs to do name resolution, the DNS
request packet goes to the pipeline which uses NAT to send it to the DNS
server.  No

Joao Luis Sousa wrote:

> :) From: Peter Chow <peter@interq.or.jp>
> :)
> :) If you use single-IP NAT, your users will be able to connect and still
> :) use their private IP address.  I think it is available from 5.0Ai17.
> :) In this case you would use a private IP for the ethernet of the Pipeline
> :) and your ISP assigns you a single address.
>
>         By the way, with this scheme, is it possible for the Pipeline to
> forward DNS? Like, using a DNS server outside (on the ISP) with a real IP
> address, and ask for the PC to go to the Pipeline to make the DNS queries.

Peter Chow
Chief Technical Advisor
InterQ Inc.
Tokyo, Japan