Re: (ASCEND) NAT in pipeline

Hi,

New on the list - and the thread ;-).

But a few comments:

> We are still in the early stages of testing NAT here, but from what I recall
> my PC with the private IP was able to resolve using a DNS server at the ISP.
> Just set the PC to use the Pipeline as the gateway and the DNS server to be
> the ISP's DNS server.  When the PC needs to do name resolution, the DNS
> request packet goes to the pipeline which uses NAT to send it to the DNS
> server.  No

There's no problems. NAT works as expected - which means
transparently for the user. You can definately use a DNS server at
your ISP - you just have to provide your machine with the IP address
of the ISP's DNS server as usual.

I actually use it a lot of places with my own DNS server on the
inside of the private net - going directly to the root servers on the
Net through NAT. This caching speeds things a lot ;-).

Regards,
Lars