(ASCEND) RE:

Another issue is that under the TCPIP, make CERTAIN that Disable DHCP is
checked..  That will fry the connection most of the time...also
sometimes you can remove all the network drivers...  reboot, remove
winsock.dll, and reinstall the network and it will work (remove
winsock.dll so that win thinks it was never there, and reinstalls the
whole shebang)...
Hope I could add something helpful!