Re: (ASCEND) Connection Woes...

I have one customer with a similar problem, using a Sportster 33.6. The
session starts up okay, but eventually goes into retrain-hell. In this
instance though, I think it's a combination of a buggy modem (Sportster
with the pausing bug), and a really poor phone wiring job (I can barely
hear the customer when s/he calls to complain about it). What make/model
of modem is your problem child using? My end is 5.0ap42, CT1, no OSPF,
Ascend Radius.

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Brian Engle wrote:

> Is there any new information or a fix regarding this problem that you are
> aware of?  Several months ago this problem crept up for us, then seemed to
> go away.  I found out today that it hasn't gone away, the customer just
> stopped calling about it.  Well he called again today.
>
> My symptoms are identical.  The Max receives packets from the remote client,
> but sends nothing.  After about 10 minutes traffic resumes in both
> directions.  Here is an interesting fix, the customer can pick up a
> telephone that is on the same line, dial a couple of numbers and then hang
> up and traffic will resume.
>
> Max is running 5.0Ap33.  No stacking, no OSPF.  Standard Radius.
>
> Is there a bug report or problem report associated with this problem?
>
> Bri

Follow-Ups: References: