(ASCEND) multiple default route entries

I have a remove POP which uses a frame-relay link through
a Cisco 2500 router and then connects to a MAX4000 terminal
server.  I have been toying around with the idea of using
a Pipeline 50 and an ISDN line as a 'switched backup' for
the frame-relay connection.  I planned to use varying weights
for the routing entries propagated back to our core router
using RIPv2.  Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

    Remote Node                               Central Site

    [ Cisco 2501 ]------frame relay----------[ cisco 4700 ]
     [ MAX 4000 ]                                   |
   [ Pipeline 50 ]----------isdn---------------[ max4000 ]

My goal is simple:  if the frame-relay connection goes down,
automatically re-route traffic through the Pipeline 50.  I'm
fortunate in that my telco doesn't charge per-minute ISDN
charges so leaving the ISDN link up all the time is not
a prolem.

However (and please correct me if I'm wrong), I believe that
in order to accomplish this, I need to be able to load two
default route entries in the MAX terminal server.  Is there
a way to load two default route entries and specify two different
weights for the routes?  Is a better approach to NOT load any
default routes into the MAX and let it pick up its default
routing information via RIPv2?  (I'd prefer not do do that,
however).

Any advice,help,criticism would be greatly appreciated.