Re: (ASCEND) STAC Compression? (fwd)

At 08:00 AM 2/20/98 -0500, Jeff A Culverhouse wrote:

>So, what is the best option to use?  Weren't there performance problems
>using MS-Stac?  Since most of our users are Win 95, is MS-Stac the best
>choice?  What does everyone use??

STAC is STAC. The different types mentioned above do not necessarily
reflect different performance levels.

However when it comes to Windows and modems, it seems that STAC is best
avoided. You should only rely on V.42 for compression in the modems. STAC
seems to make performance worse in 99% of the cases.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com

Follow-Ups: References: