Re: (ASCEND) STAC Compression? (fwd)

Matt Holdrege wrote:

> However when it comes to Windows and modems, it seems that STAC is best
> avoided. You should only rely on V.42 for compression in the modems. STAC
> seems to make performance worse in 99% of the cases.

I really wonder why this is. I know Matt knows what he's talking about. but
we have hadconsistently opposite results with this, and so has everyone else
we've advised. Maybe we're
all just in the 1% left out above..or Matt has mostly Win3.1 users. I can't
believe that; he
seems entirely too calm to have a large 3.1 user base.

Or Matt- are you running a LOT on your Maxen? OSPF and IPX, or using the
internal
CSUs to do anything other than to support dialup T1/PRIs? While I love the
MAX and believe
it will do everything, I don't think it will do everything at ONCE. ;-)

'Shot

Follow-Ups: References: