Re: (ASCEND) STAC Compression? (fwd)

At 11:32 AM 2/20/98 -0500, Darkshot wrote:
>I really wonder why this is. I know Matt knows what he's talking about. but
>we have hadconsistently opposite results with this, and so has everyone else
>we've advised. Maybe we're
>all just in the 1% left out above..or Matt has mostly Win3.1 users. I can't
>believe that; he
>seems entirely too calm to have a large 3.1 user base.
>
>Or Matt- are you running a LOT on your Maxen? OSPF and IPX, or using the
>internal
>CSUs to do anything other than to support dialup T1/PRIs? While I love the
>MAX and believe
>it will do everything, I don't think it will do everything at ONCE. ;-)

It has nothing to do with Max software since the STAC chips are doing the
compression in hardware. And the modems do V.42bis in the DSP.

When you get good results with MS-STAC, are you sure the modems are
negotiating V.42bis?

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com

Follow-Ups: References: