Re: (ASCEND) Requested Service Not Authorized

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Sk Pang wrote:

> Franz,
>
> We have just bought a max2024 and find many problems when setting it up.
> The guys in of the local support do not provide us with expertise support.
> The only answers we get are either they are not sure or max does not
> support such function.  When we sent our enquiry to support@ascend.com.
> We only get an auto-generate message but no reply to the questions.  Damn!
>
> Back to your question.  If you only want a ppp connection, try the
> following in your user file of merit radius.
>

> DEFAULT Authentication-Type = UNIX-PW
> 	Service-Type = Framed,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
>         Framed-Routing = None,
>         Framed-MTU = 1500,
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
>
> Hope this can help!
>

> Sk Pang
> IOHK

no :-(( still the same. I also just bought the max4030.

I think it must be a software bug - also because if I want to change some of
the features in 90-B00 Mod Config - TServ options... - e.g. Initial Scrn or
Security I can do so only if I switch to Telnet=Yes.

If Telnet=No the screen shows e.g.:

Initial Scrn=N/A
Toggle Scrn=N/A
Security=N/A

and I cannot change these options.
If I switch to Telnet=Yes, change e.g. these options and switch back to
Telnet=No the setting of these options are not visible but still
define what the MAX Terminalserver software does.

There must be a lot wrong with this software version (now Software
+5.0Ap42+).

As I assume most of the MAX40xx out there are working: could please someone
tell me which sofware version I should use for my max4030 to get ppp in
terminalserver mode after login/password authentication working?

-Franz Penz

Follow-Ups: References: