-Michael

From: joe.cutrell@fedex.com (Joe Cutrell) AT Internet on 02/23/98
      12:24 PM EST

To:   ascend-users@max.bungi.com AT Internet@ccMTA-USCU-NT-MTA
cc:    (bcc: Michael Medwid/Cupertino/Cal/SYMANTEC)
Subject:  (ASCEND) no surprise: p42 leaks

After reading this, we upgraded our Lab 4000 to 5.0Ap42.  Things
looked OK (as they always do on lightly used Maxen).  I then moved our
heavily used Maxen to p42 last week - the one that rebooted about once
a day still does.
 And now the lesser used one (that rebooted with less frequency)
required a power-cycle to come back up.

Not holding my breath (or rejoicing in praise of stable software)...

-------
Joe Cutrell      Internet Engineering      Federal Express
joe@fedex.com

> From: MMedwid@symantec.com (Michael Medwid)
> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:54:51 -0800
> Subject: Re: (ASCEND) MAX reboot period?
>
> If you run "pools -v" in diagnostic mode - you will see available
> memory declines to oblivion
> over time with Ap36 and other versions.  So to put some
predictability