Re: (ASCEND) Q:Dial-up Static IP Address

> I'm trying to allow one customer to dialin and obtain a static IP
> Address.  I'm using Radius with the Framed-Address line in the users
> file.
>
> I'm getting connected with no problem, however I can not ping outside of
> the machine.

Sorry, I am not quite clear on what you mean by "the machine".  Are you
(a) a host on your network or (b) the MAX or (c) the customer machine and
are you trying to ping (1) a customer machine other than the one you gave
an IP address to or (2) a machine on your network other than the MAX?

> If I set Pool Only = No on the ascend, everything works.  Is there a
> way to do this without having Pool Only=No?

Yes.  If you are assigning an IP address via RADIUS then "Pool Only" should
have no effect.  "Pool Only" is used to help specify the behavior when the
RADIUS response does not include an IP address or pool number.

What version of software are you using?  What type of MAX are you using?
What is the setting of the Ethernet>Answer>Assign Adrs parameter?

You might want to verify that the RADIUS server is returning what you expect
using the MAX Diagnostic command "radif".