(ASCEND) CHAP -> CLID

I am looking to move from CHAP authentication to CLID authentication,
but I cannot seem to get it to work properly.

Is it possible to have both CHAP and CLID authentication working at
the same time?

Right now most of my users profiles look like this:

username Password = "clear-text"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Ascend-Assign-IP-Global-Pool = "global-pool-253",
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 600

I hate storing passwords in clear text.

So I want to move to something like this:

6125554422 Password = "Ascend-CLID" User-Service = Dialout-Framed-User
        User-Name = "username",
        Ascend-Require-Auth = Not-Require-Auth,
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Ascend-Assign-IP-Global-Pool = "global-pool-253",
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 600

But when I call in with a Win95 box I get that it cannot negotiate a
compatible set of parameters with the network.

Can you have both types of profiles and have the MAX work properly?

Ethernet->Answers I have Id Auth=Prefer, which I think is the right
setting. Any other advise?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.real-time.com                | Fax   : (612)943-8300