(ASCEND) line provisioning / testing

Hey all:

We have 4 PRI, coming into a 4004 and a 4048.  Both boxes have 56k cards,
and are running 6.0b2 (very stable by the way).

I know that the first 3 PRI work correctly, and am in the process of
testing the 3rd one by quiescing the first 3.  Here's where I'm running
into problems:

    The first 2 PRI go dead right away, but the 3rd one
    takes several minutes to die off.

    When all the lines are finally quiesced, a call will
    come through on the 4th (newest) PRI on the hunt, but
    if anyone hangs up on the first 3 lines, any new calls
    will receive a busy signal.  The disconnected channel
    is being set "off hook" instead of being quiesced.

    When I set the lines back to "Trunk" , the first 2 lines
    again change mode right away (within seconds), but the
    3rd PRI takes several minutes to get opened back up.

What's going on here?  Is this an issue with how the PRIs are programmed,
or is this an issue with Ascend's code?  (the same types of things were
happening with the 5.0Apxx firmware).

TIA,

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services