Re: (ASCEND) Newbie Question (diagnostics mode?)

> I see much discussion of diagnostics mode on Max40XXs, but for the life of
> me I can't seem to figure out where the debug info gets output to?  I'm
> specifically looking for help with the modemdiag command on a Max4048,
> 5.0Ap11, but any help would be great, even (especially?) an RTFM reply.

You can enter Diagnostic mode in two different ways.

The first is to use a "DO" command.  You can select a "DO" command by
entering a ctrl-d (pressing the "control" key and "d" keys at the same
time) a console window.  You will want to select the "D=Diagnostics"
DO command.

The second is to enter the command "Esc [ Esc =" (where Esc represents
the Escape key) in less than three seconds.

Once you are in Diagnostic mode you will see a ">" prompt.

At this point you can issue the debug commands you are wanting to use.
Any debug information that this commands generate will be displayed
directly to your diagnostic [console/telnet] session.

Diagnostic output is stored in a circular buffer.  If you quit from
Diagnostic mode, then the next time you enter Diagnostic mode, the
information that has been buffered will be displayed.  If too much
information is generated to be kept in the buffer then a message
will be displayed telling you that data was lost.