Re: (ASCEND) Newbie Question (diagnostics mode?)

Steve Nolan wrote:
]
]I see much discussion of diagnostics mode on Max40XXs, but for the life of me
]I can't seem to figure out where the debug info gets output to?  I'm
]specifically looking for help with the modemdiag command on a Max4048,
]5.0Ap11, but any help would be great, even (especially?) an RTFM reply.

The diag is output right to the diag mode on the console.  In other words,
when you issue

 > modemdiag
MODEMDIAG debug display is ON

you will start getting diag info dumped right to your screen, as soon
as there is any.  I believe modemdiag output is only dumped as
modems hang up.  So if no modems disconnect for 5 minutes, you won't
see any output for 5 minutes.  Try using a different diag command
if you just want to see the output.  For example, ">ether-display 0 64"
should spew all sorts of stuff at you....probably a lot more than
you want!  ">ether-display 0 0" will stop it.