Re: (ASCEND) The comparison of 4048 to PM3

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 ascend@digistar.com wrote:

> Even with the problems I've had in the past, the MAX was the best product
> that we could choose.  The PM3 was a stable unit, but its features and
> lackluster appearance (since perception is more important than reality)
> convinced us to stay with the MAX.  In the 2.5 years this company has been
> in business, we've never had problems with the ascend modems.  All other
> vendors caused us headaches in one form or another, either by scripts or
> PAP or incompatibility.  Lucent's PM3 is a good box, but the MAX gave us
> the least number of tech support calls.

I wholeheartedly agree.  They just need to put more lights on the damn
thing up front.  Investors/customers love seeing blinky lights, even if
they serve absolutely no function whatsoever.

Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services

Follow-Ups: References: