Re: (ASCEND) 6.0 thin load thru telnet?

<snip>......
>>restricted load did retain the IP address and allow a telnet in once it
>>completed the double-reboot cycle (which I watched from the
>>remote/serial/console port).
>
>The config is default on the first reboot, and after the second it
retrieves
>the config from FLASH.
>
>>I like upgrading from across town, hate those drives at midnight.  But if
>>all goes well it will work just fine via telnet alone.  (Never was a
>>boyscout but those serial cables go with the axiom - always be prepared)
>>And follow the docs to the letter for the upgrade, they worked.  (Except
>>AFTER the restricted load and before the extended load it will not allow
an
>>fsave - repeat steps 5 through 7 - how about just 5 & 7 Ascend?)
>
>Just for my information, since I have not done it myself (!shame!), what
>response do you get with "fsave" on the restricted load? Doesn't it
>automatically try an "fsave" when you begin the load of the extended
>version anyway?
>

>Kevin

It stated fsave was not allowed with a restricted load.  And it did not
automatically fsave when issued the tloadcode command during the restricted
boot.  But it did save everything anyway and I did not have to use the
console connection nor the tsaved config's.  Everything except that one
little error went just as the release notes stated.

Randy E. Reinhardt - System Administrator
Pyramid.Net   2701 Conestoga Drive, #123
Carson City, NV. 89706
Admin    - 702-884-3202  Fax-702-884-1827
Tech Sup - 702-853-4227  Fax-702-851-6115
Tech Support Hours M-F 9am-7pm  Sat/Sun closed
http://www.pyramid.net/   randy@pyramid.net
"Man is still the most amazing computer of all."
John F. Kennedy