Re: (ASCEND) upgrade to 6.0 on Max40XX

At 08:29 PM 2/27/98 -0500, Jason Nealis wrote:

> Man, Then pretty much it would be crazy to implement 6.0 out
>in a un-manned pop site, Just so if it fails, there is a good
>chance that backing out will loose config? I surely hop 6.0 is solid &
>stable.

I'm not talking about the whole config getting wiped. There have been many
different changes from time to time that jumping back a number of
revisions can mean that the way parameters are stored changed. That's
why we often require intermediate _upgrade_ steps. In the case of downgrading
we have not done as much testing. Also downgrading to what....? If the
downgrade was a big enough jump, then the stored configurations could
be pretty different from the way they are represented in earlier loads.

In general, I would not forsee any issues if the downgrade is not
too far...however with the changes to a extended load...I would recommend
trying it first on non-production units if you're concerned about the
specific upgrade/downgrade scenarios you're considering....

Kevin