Re: (ASCEND) 6.1.0 and Winsock.dll (version 2.0) (fwd)

At 11:56 PM 6/2/98 +0100, Leland E. Vandervort wrote:

>If this winsock problem is as accurate as people are saying it is (which
I'm not
>so sure since we've had no reports of a problem and now going on day 3 since
>upgrading), doesn't it make more sense for Ascend to fix the bug in the
max/tnt
>software rather than each of us getting a couple thousand customers to fix
their
>win95 tcp stack ?

If its only specific versions of Winsock 2 stacks that have problems, this
suggests its a Microsoft bug.  Very few users will actually be using
Winsock 2 anyways.  Only the ones that have a need to 'nuke' people it
seems.  Other than that, there is no real benefit to install Winsock 2.
Windows 98 isn't affected by this (Which has Winsock 2)

 Eric

Follow-Ups: References: