Re: (ASCEND) HDSL PRI ?

> There is another downside to HDSL.  You can't run other xDSL circuits in
> the same bundle as HDSL circuits.  We tried this using IDSL in a 200 pair
> bundle.  With no HDSL circuits, IDSL worked fine.  With each HDSL circuit
> we added, the IDSL became less reliable until with the 8th HDSL circuit,
> the IDSL routers could no longer see one another.

Wow.

First off, isn't IDSL indistinguishable from ISDN BRI from an electrical
standpoint?

> Talking with a GTE engineer, ADSL has the same problem, only worse.

We've got Centrex, HDSL, SDSL, ADSL, ISDN BRI, and a host of other things
all running in the same 250 pair bundle even some supposedly 'clashing'
technologies on very closeby pairs, and they're all reliable!

I guess it really depends on all sorts of things.

What I _have_ heard, though, is that if you run two ADSL circuits in
opposite directions in the same bundle (that is, one side is COE for
one circuit and CPE for the other) then you will have problems. I
have never tried this.

-Phil