Re: (ASCEND) P75 NAT & Telnet

> I have installed several P75s doing NAT.  I would like to configure the
> P75 so I can telnet from remote and hit the P75 to do some
> re-configurations.  I did get this working once, but something happened to
> the settings and I've not been able to recreate it.  Static mapping is in
> place for TCP port 23 to go to the P75's private IP address.  Telnet from
> the internal LAN works fine, just not from the outside.

Are you getting a static or a dynamic IP address from your upstream
provider?  If it is dynamic, you obviously have to find out the address
first :).

On one of my pipelines, I have the static mapping set so that port 23 goes
to the internal ethernet address (as opposed to the wan interface) which
seems to work fine.

Static Map 01
>Valid=Yes
 Dst Port #=23