Re: (ASCEND) MRTG

On Thu, 04 Jun 1998, Phillip Heller murmured something resembling:
>On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Leland E. Vandervort wrote:
>
>Well, I have configured MRTG to successfuly get the bytes in and bytes out
>on the ethernet interfaces and graph them, but the powers that be (the
>ones who sign my paycheck) want it to graph usage by how many people are
>on at a time.  So basically, I guess I need to know the id for how many
>current sessions.  .7 is for ethernet, what is for current sessions?

You might have to use an external script to get the info from the max and store
it in a log file in the format that mrtg reads.

the SMPD OIDs that you're after are:

private.enterprises.ascend.callStatusGroup.*

1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.5  (allCurrentAnalogIncoming)
1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.7  (callCurrentDigitalIncoming)
1.3.6.1.4.1.529.11.9  (callCurrentFRIncoming)

you can quite easily use snmpwalk or snmpget in tandem with a perl script to
generate the log file which mrtg will use.  Some examples of using
snmpwalk/snmpget/snmpset (from the CMU snmp toolkit) can be found on my home
page (http://www.discpro.org/~leland/) where I have some snmp scripts for other
functions.

If this is over your head, I can see what I can whip up for you if you like.

Cheers,

--
Leland E. Vandervort                       | Network Engineer
leland@discpro.org / leland@innotts.com    | internet in nottingham, ltd