(ASCEND) Re: [Q] DSLPipe S as COE and CPE ?

Robert Fournerat <robert@netin.com> wrote:
> Peter Lalor wrote:
> > This seems to be the same story across the country. I wish I had a big,
> > mean-spirited lawyer. Or several hundred. Like the one in Fear and Loathing.
>
> Actually, I can't believe the LECs (or whomever) can get away with
> this.  This is the same story in Dallas - at least in GTE land...  Does
> anybody know if any ISP groups are doing anything about this?  [ ... ]

You could check out <http://www.suethebells.com/>. I understand they
just had a meeting of some sort in NYC.

>                                                      [ ... ]    In
> reguard to ISP groups, are there any ISP unions/groups that are worth
> the dues?

We're members of the ISP/C <http://www.ispc.org/> and have found it to
be worth it. Aside from stuff like secondary DNS, discounts, etc. I've
found the members to be a great bunch of helpful people. There's been
interest there about coordinating to better deal with the telcos, as
well.

Matt
--
Matt Magri