Re: (ASCEND) 6.1 SNMP Modem Speed

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 12:18:31AM +1000, Dean Frye wrote:
> At 03:37 PM 6/2/98 +0200, you wrote:
> >
> >It appears the whole callActiveTable is left out empty. Thus no SNMP
> >code that walks the sessionActiveTable and cross-indexes into the
> >callActiveTable will operate properly. Hopefully this will be fixed
> >soon...
> >
> >There really should be testing of basic SNMP functionality prior to
> >releases. Things as basic as ipForwDatagrams or the callActiveTable
> >should not suddenly stop working. Some peoples NMS setups may be
> >severly broken by this.
>
> If you are looking at the call or session mibs, check that you are walking
> the entire table, not just the first 48 or 60 indexes.

There are zero entries, so nothing to walk ;)

You probably talk about the callStatusTable and sessionStatusTable. They
are still there alive and kicking. What is missing is the callActiveTable,
a version of the callStatusTable that contains only those calls which are
valid and is indexed by callActiveCallReferenceNumber (IIRC). This table
is there to be walked without overhead and for direct cross-indexing from
the sessionActiveTable. It appeared in 6.0.0 (MIB 3.3) and it really is
empty on the one Mx2k I have at 6.1.0 for now.

> NavisAccess works just great :)

An order of magnitude too fat for me. I'm running a 100 line TCL/Scotty
monitor and it fails because cross refs fail.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   Xlink PoP Dresden | o |

Follow-Ups: References: