Re: (ASCEND) Weird behavior from a P50

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 08:53:33AM -0400, Leon McCalla wrote:
> LAN security error is usually a direct indication of a
> password/username/IPrange mismatch.

Or a call collision. I.e. a call came in and tried to negotiate for the
same IP that a call still in progress already utilizes. This explains
the problem (the infamous callback delay can cause a callback to hit
the router _before_ the drop of the outgoing call that cause the remote
peer to place the callback is signaled, thus the same profile is trying
to be active two times and that fails) and offers the solution: Increase
the callback delay or place subliminal IP mismatches in the incoming and
outgoing profiles so the IPs do not any longer cause a collision.

> If thats not it, read the last 3 or so release notes. there was something
> about LAN Security Error in one of the recent releases.

The above problem is quite old. Dunno whether the notices in the
later release notes really refer to that (this would mean the prob
is getting to be finally fixed ;).

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   Xlink PoP Dresden | o |