(ASCEND) MaxTNT 2.0.7 problems

Last night we attempted an upgrade on one of our TNT's.  After upgrading
the shelf software and loading the tar image everything seemed fine.  The
TNT was pingable, telnet-able, etc.  Users were getting authenticated fine
as well.  However, no packets were being forwarded to the users who were
connected.  We use proxy arp for routing internally and the TNT seemed to
stop answering arp requests after the upgrade.  We decided to turn on
rip-v2.  The routes started showing up in the router, but still the
packets were not being forwarded by the TNT.  It was now 3:30am and about
2 hours longer than what we had planned to spend on the upgrade, so we
downgraded to 1.3Ap24 and magically everything started working again.
Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?  It is imperative
that I figure something out because obviously we are going to have to
upgrade to the 2.X stuff sooner or later.  I haven't heard from an Ascend
SE or Salesman for that matter in 6 months (other than calling to cancel
appointments 3 or 4 times).  HELP!

--
William Charnock
System Administrator