Re: (ASCEND) Static Default Route

We use dynamic routes (RIPv2) propagated from our MAX group back to a
Cisco core router.  The customer sets his 'default route' to the
first max in our pool.  When he logs in, his routing entry is
propagated from the MAX he connects to back to our core router.
This allows him to hit any one of our 7 MAXes but maintain his
routing.

A good radius profile for this type of connection looks like:

user    Password = "XXX"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = MPP,
        Ascend-Route-IP = Route-IP-Yes,
        Ascend-Metric = 10,
        Framed-Address = 192.168.0.1,
        Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.192,
        Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 2,
        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 64000

This will propagate the 192.168.0.0/26 route through the MAX and
back to the core router.  The customer sets his default route
to any one (although we pick the first one) of the MAXes on our
network.