Re: (ASCEND) Stacking a ascend with a shiva (fwd)

At 08:17 AM 6/10/98 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Phillip Grasso shaped the electrons to say...
>>Is it possible to stack a 40xx to a shiva access switch???
>
>You mean MAXStack - MP across chassis, which one MAX and one Shiva?
>
>Hell no.  Stacking is proprietary to each vendor, there is no standard for
>that.  It only works in a single vendor environment.
>
>But this brings up a question for me.  Lucent PM-3s and PM-4s are stackable
>together, Bay says the RAC8000 and RAC5399 blades are stackable, and I
believe
>the Cisco AS5200, AS5300, and AS5800 can cross stack.
>
>Can you have a mixed stack with MAX4000s, MAX6000s, and MAX TNTs?

Not yet. In the next major release (I think) this will be offered. Currently
all MAXen (except the TNT) can be stacked together provided they are at the
same code levels.

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.