Re: (ASCEND) Unable to ping/telnet

On 9 Jun 1998, Steve Mickeler wrote:

> I have a client who has a p-75 on their end and they are dialing into a
> livingston PM3 on my end.
>
> The connection is good, and the customer can browse from all the w/s on
> his network, its just that I am unable to get to the p-75 from outside of
> his network.
>
> I have updated the unit to 6.1.0 and just moments ago I added 2 static
> routes
[..snip]

Those didn't look like static routes...they looked like NAT IP mappings.
If they are using NAT on a Pipeline you will be unable to ping the
Pipeline from outside of the private network.  At least this used to be
the case, I'm sure Kevin will speak up if that has changed in 6.x.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>

Follow-Ups: References: