(ASCEND) Hayes Accura 56K

Y'all

having suggested to my clients that the Hayes Accura 56K was probably
the best implementation of K56Flex technology I have a slightly
embarassing situation:

I have a MAX4004 with K56MOD16, I'm testing using Win95 Hyperterminal
and aborting when I get the terminal server screen. Using modemdiag, sh
users and hayes connect result codes.

Hayes is plugged into an ISDN router over ISDN-2 to same exchange as the
PRI attached MAX.

Hayes Accura 56 max usefull connect speed is 42K/28.8K, it fails to
communicate to terminal server at 46K/28.8K.  The connect speeds vary
between 40-46K.

Nasty 'grey' import cheapo 56K modem coonect effectively at 50K/28.8K

Que Passa?