Re: (ASCEND) Ascend pipeline v6.1

Just a side note: I was getting connected and immediately disconnected by a
MAX unit from my p130. Turned out I had to use the next number in a subnet
as my IP address, i.e. xxx.xx.xxx.193, instead of xxx.xx.xxx.192. Funny
thing was...it worked with .192 for a long time, then the ISP upgraded a
bunch of stuff and our P130 kept dialing even though there was no traffic
on the LAN, so we added filters (to cover UDP chatter and stuff) and
upgraded it to 6.0.4 and after that it wouldn't connect at all.

Couldn't figure it out. Then the ISP tells me to use the next IP (and a
different Rem Addr as well) as RADIUS would use the first address in a
subnet to broadcast or something like that. So, it connected after I
changed it (and stopped the continuous dialing as well). But I still don't
know why it worked before at 5.0Ap1 (with the .192 address), but wouldn't
after the 6.0.4 upgrade (with the .192 address). I even tried 5.0Ap8 to
take it back to the ugly non-stop dialing state - no go. But once the IP
address was incremented one - it worked at 6.0.4. Could the IP routes help
the P130 limp along even though it's configuration had gone bad or something?

At 11:18 AM 6/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Neale,
>Good thought. I rechecked and nope, Send Auth is set to CHAP on
>both sides.
>
>Dana
>
>Neale Banks wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Mr. Dana Hudes wrote:
>>
>> > This is on a MAX w/6.1.0 code. The caller is a pipelin-75 running
>> > v6.1 code. It has 'My name' configured but it won't tell as you
>> > can see.
>> > Any others seen this?

>> > PPIF-16: lqm on
>> > PPIF-16: vj comp on
>> > PPIF-16: _initAuthentication
>> > PPIF-16: auth mode 0
>> > PPIF-16: no auth
>> [chomp]
>>
>> You don't have the profile's Encaps Options/Send Auth set to "NONE"?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Neale.
>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com