Re: (ASCEND) MAX2000 & Picturetel 4500 - anyone using this combo?

At 01:06 PM 6/17/98 +0100, Aron Bibby wrote:
>Greets all,
>
>Is anyone (anyone in the world??) using a MAX2000 (E1/Q.931) with
Host/Dual and
>Host/AIM6 cards to connect Picturetel [4500] codecs for a video conferencing
>system?
>
>The box came loaded with 5.0Ai4, but due to problems with incoming calls
>(outgoing work peachy) I've been trying a variety of software loads, but am
>coming across a strange problem - the Ascend answers a calls (at any
>bandwidth) and goes through the Answer -> Handshake -> Online phase,
>but the Picturetel won't pick up the calls.

Is the PicTel configured to auto-answer? Have you tried local loop-back
on the host ports that it's connected to? At Nx64K rates? Did you need to
toggle any of the leads to get the codec to sync?

>I've tried loads from 4.6C, 5.0A (both I and P branches) and a number from
>the 6.0.x lot, but it makes no difference :-/

I very much doubt that there have been changes to the basic IMUX part of the
code in a VERY long time. As long as the call hit the right port, I would
suspect some kind of codec/interface handshake issue...

>Any suggestions, as it *looks* like the Ascend at fault (I have 2 Picturetel
>systems hooked up to it).

I'll go either way, but why do you say it looks like an Ascend problem
based on
what you've described?

Kevin Smith			Ascend Communications...
Customer Satisfaction	...where Network Solutions never end.

Follow-Ups: References: