RE: (ASCEND) AT&T T1 - Pac Bell PRI - Definity - Max2012?

At 08:35 AM 6/19/98 -0700, Steve LaDuke wrote:
>>>AT&T will make it into a PRI... for $2000 down and $400 a month.
>>>I hope to avoid that cost.
>
>>I'm sorry. I thought you were going to move your PB PRI to the Definity
>and
>>then provision a PRI from the Definity to the Max. Are you talking
>about
>>two PRI's then?
>
>Yes, I am moving the PB PRI to the Definity.  I am then setting up a PRI
>from
>the Definity to the Max.
>
>Then I am adding a T1 - non PRI from AT&T to the Definity.  The non-PRI
>decision is purely because of the $400/month that AT&T wants.

OK. So you could move all the voice calls to the AT&T T1 and the data to
the PB PRI. Or you can make sure that the AT&T T1 is provisioned
"trunk-side" rather than "line side". Line Side will reduce your modem
calls to 33.6 or more likely worse.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com