From: Michael Curran <mcurran@csu.edu.au>
To: ascend-users@bungi.com <ascend-users@bungi.com>
Date: Monday, June 22, 1998 5:09 AM
Subject: (ASCEND) MAX connection management

Howdy,

I've been asked to write a script to manage connections on our MAXen.
Instead of limiting the amount of time users are allowed to dial in
on a per-session or per-week/month basis, my management wants a
script to monitor active connections on a Max.  When all modems are
in use, they want the script to choose the user who has been
connected the longest to have their call terminated (provided they
have been online for at least X minutes).

Rather than re-invent the wheel here, is there someone out there who
has done this before and will share code with me?  If not, can you
suggest which SNMP OIDs I might have to be focussing on to get
this job done?

Thanks immensely (in advance) for your wisdom.

Regards,

Michael

- Michael Curran                              mcurran@csu.edu.au  -
-                          http://athene.mit.csu.edu.au/~mcurran  -