Re: (ASCEND) Is Ascend Firewall Safe to Use?

 Personally, I like the Secure Access Firewall from Ascend, but, you
need to be careful on what series of PIPELINES you run it on, If you
have an older style pipeline, Turning on a good size firewall can
bring your pipeline to it's knees, you must have one of the new
increased memory pipelines.

 Also, Along w/ the Pipeline you get the configuration software which
is a pretty cool easy to figure out GUI interface to configuring the
firewall, (It beats the hell outta setting up filters :)

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)