Re: (ASCEND) Is Ascend Firewall Safe to Use?

I don't believe that the memory leak is related to the SAF load directly.
What is happening is that when the SAF loads more than 1 firewall onto the
Pipeline (old model) that the amount of available memory remaining is
getting very borderline. Any memory leak is therefore going to affect those
systems quicker than any without the SAF, or with the newer model Pipelines.

Engineering are currently working on this in two avenues - a) determine what
causes the memory leak, and fix that; b) determine if we can reduce the memory
consumed by the firmware/SAF to give a comfort level of available memory.

With the newer models, this has not been a noticeable problem. Most likely due
to the additional memory built into the product.