(ASCEND) 6.1.0 Max4k problem

I am running a Max4004, 4 PRIs, 1 T1 (v.35) and 72 modems.  It appears
that after about 1 week (twice so far, since 6.1.0 has been released) my
Max stops accepting telnet connections.  It gives me the prompt, but when
I try to log in with the correct password it IMMEDIATELY (not after then
third try) disconnects.

In addtion (the reason I was attempting to log on), it is not
authenticating users via Radius.  I am running the latest Ascend radiusd,
and have 2 other Maxes (much less loaded) and 1 400T which are NOT
experiencing this problem.

It appears to be some sort of memory leak, causing the inability for the
Max to authenticate after a certain length of time.  Since it does not
crash, there is nothing in the fat log other than a bunch of Index 175
errors, which via a previous service request you assured me were no
problem.

Another interesting item:  I went to your web site, and found there was a
Release 6.1.1, which I would have thought was a patch to Release 6.1.0,
which is a minor release.  NO, instead I find VOIP as a new feature!
Please explain what kind of release methodology adds major new features to
a minor release patch level.  Wouldn't this be 6.2.0?

Come on guys, it's been since 1994 that I have been waiting for a STABLE
release with NO NEW FEATURES added to polute the recently fixed previous
set of features.  Do I have to wait till 7.0.0 to get the fixes to 6.1.0?

Marc Newman