(ASCEND) Re: 6.1.0 Max4k problem

>From: Marc Newman <mknewman@blkbox.com>
>Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 21:49:23 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: (ASCEND) 6.1.0 Max4k problem
>
>I am running a Max4004, 4 PRIs, 1 T1 (v.35) and 72 modems.  It appears
>that after about 1 week (twice so far, since 6.1.0 has been released) my
>Max stops accepting telnet connections.  It gives me the prompt, but when
>I try to log in with the correct password it IMMEDIATELY (not after then
>third try) disconnects.

<snip>

We have a box with 6.0.7 that did this as well.  At the same time, the pool
is completely depleted.  So I would assume it is caused by not enough
memory as result of pool leak.  Rebooting the box will reset the pool and
allow telnet session to function again.

We have since downgraded everything to 6.0.2.

Stephen