Re: (ASCEND) Incoming voice to POTS on P75, how?

> How do I get my Pipeline 75 to answer voice calls on the POTS ports?
>
> So far my experimentation has led to either number unobtainable tone
> or a high pitched squeal.
> I'm running Software +6.0.0+

I've had the squeal. Not much fun for people calling in, but it does
cut down on wasted chit-chat. I fixed it temporarily by revving back
to 5.1Ap8. I say temp, because a week later that P-75 quit working
all together and had to be RMA'd. I've been running 5.1Ap9 on the
replacement unit without any problems.

> Possibly related, why does the supplied Ascend ISDN cable terminate
> in an RJ11 when the 2e wall socket is RJ45?  Is this important?

Not at all. I think it's for the convenience of those who bring the
ISDN signal into a home using existing copper which terminates in an
RJ-12, at least here in the States. I tossed mine, built my own RJ-45
to RJ-45 patch cable, and plugged it into a punchblock. Works just as
well as it did via the "official' patch cable.

Danny Williams
Caldwell Trust Company
Venice, Florida   USA
mailto:danny@ctrust.com