Re: (ASCEND) Tricky IP Pooling

> 	Okay... someone may have already tried this, in which case this
> could be easily answered... but what I am in need of is to find a simple
> way that I could provide a different IP pool for a seperate modem pool on
> the same maxen. For example... We have a 4048 with 3 56K cards... we have
> two numbers routed through that T1 which end as 0145 and 0147... I've set
> the first card to listen to 0145 and the third to listen to 0147... the
> second listens to both... in theory card 1 is for the first number, card 3
> for the second.. .and they share card 2... now what I need to do is anyone
> dialin into the 0145 needs to get a IP resolving to abc.com and the person
> dialin into 0147 get a IP resolving to xyz.com ...

You probably need to use a RADIUS check attribute to check the
Client-Port-DNIS attribute, i.e.:

profile	Password = "whatever" Client-Port-DNIS = "0147"
	Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1

profile	Password = "whatever" Client-Port-DNIS = "0145"
	Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 2

I'm not sure whether this works though. Try it.

-Phil

Follow-Ups: References: