Re: (ASCEND) Loading 2.1.3 images individually gives bad CRC

>From: Tom Pepper <pepper@lh.net>
>>From: Peter Lalor <plalor@infoasis.com>
>>
>>I'm having trouble loading TNT 2.1.3 code images separately. I'm running
>>2.1.0 and trying to get to 2.1.3. Welcome to the club, right?

<snip>

>>When I reformatted the card and loaded the whole TAR file, it passed fsck
>>fine. Sure, I'm afraid to restart...
>
>My experience is that one has to:
>
>1)  Load the boot-sr code
>2)  Reset the TNT
>3)  Format the flash card after the reboot
>4)  Load the new tar code
>5)  Reset again
>
>Sometimes there's much bad voodoo between sr loads.

That may be, but the release notes certainly don't say enything of the
sort. I talked to Ascend about it, and the tech's reaction was that it
sounded like a TR. They're working on reproducing it.

In any case, formatting the flash card and loading the whole TAR file works
fine, although I have yet to reset under 2.1.3...

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/
415-459-7991 x102     415-459-7992 fax