(ASCEND) MAX 4048/200 Plus with SBR Radius

Hi All,

As a new user I hope to gain and share knowledge with my fellow Ascend
users.

I have a specific problem with the MAX 200 Plus and MAX 4048. I am using
Steele Belted RADIUS (SBR) from FUNK Software and have installed it on a
BDC to allow NT Domain/User/Group Authentication. The SBR allows this
feature with PAP and MS-CHAP.

I have no problems with the Recv Auth set to PAP but cannot Aurthenticate
with MS-CHAP. I have also set the RADIUS log to debug mode and notice that
the reject command states that "CHAP" was used and not "MS-CHAP".

I have forwarded the log to Funk Software Support and they say the MAX is
not complying to thee standards.

IS this true. ? Is the MAX 200 Plus and 4048 true MS-CHAP.

I am using the standard settings in NT and Win95 to get MS-CHAP.

Any Ideas will be welcomed.

BTW Steele Belted RADIUS (SBR) from FUNK Software is a great package.

Regards
Vince

Vince Resente
Blue Sky Networks >> www.bluesky.co.za <<