Re: (ASCEND) Radius-980618 release

Chris A. Epler wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Jim Howard wrote:
>
> > It sounds to me like the Linux users just need to make Ascend
> > aware that there is a demand for AAC under Linux, and once
> > there _is_ enough of a market it _will_ get ported.
>
> Been there, done that.  It's fallen on deaf ears.  Evidently management
> seems to think that because Linux is free, the users of Linux only seek free
> solutions.  Sure, we may look into those first and tailor certain software
> to our needs, but that does not mean we are not open to a commercial
> solution!  Jason or Erols, myself, and NUMEROUS other ISP's have pleaded to
> put a word in for a Linux version of their various software to no avail.
>
> We evidently are not a big enough of a majority.  Personally, I think Ascend
> needs a really really really big kick in the ass about now.  Between the
> lack of listening to it's users to the dismal regression testing, I'm fed up
> and very interested in alternative solutions.

Well....I have a stripped-down Radius (from Ascend) running on a
Red Hat Linux box; it works fine. It did take several minutes
to re-compile it.

Also, you're about the 5th person to talk about "alternative solutions".
I wonder what they are- bugs and all, there is NO equipment more
reliable than my Maxen have proven to be.
--
Darkshot (Michael B. Garrett)
<http://www.gloryroad.net>