From: Chris A. Epler [mailto:cepler@esinet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 1998 5:33 PM
To: Jim Howard
Cc: ascend-users@bungi.com
Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Radius-980618 release

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Jim Howard wrote:

> It sounds to me like the Linux users just need to make Ascend
> aware that there is a demand for AAC under Linux, and once
> there _is_ enough of a market it _will_ get ported.

Been there, done that.  It's fallen on deaf ears.  Evidently management
seems to think that because Linux is free, the users of Linux only seek
free
solutions.  Sure, we may look into those first and tailor certain
software
to our needs, but that does not mean we are not open to a commercial
solution!  Jason or Erols, myself, and NUMEROUS other ISP's have pleaded
put a word in for a Linux version of their various software to no avail.

We evidently are not a big enough of a majority.  Personally, I think
Ascend
needs a really really really big kick in the ass about now.  Between the
lack of listening to it's users to the dismal regression testing, I'm
fed up
and very interested in alternative solutions.