Re: (ASCEND) Erase P50?

At 02:43 PM 6/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a P50-1UBRI-HX with S/N: 5175471. I had upgraded it earlier to
>5.1A firmware. Since I couldn't make it work with dynamic IP addressing
>thought of upgrading it to 6.x. I upgraded it with b2.75 from the
>current version (I think 6.1.3) and now my P50 is dead. I can't do
>anything on it. It doesn't even display anything.
>
>Was it that I upgraded with a wrong file? Is there any later version for
>this P50? Is there any way I can rectify it now?

Oh my god, you killed the pipeline, you bastard!!  :)

That is a pretty old pipeline, i doubt it will even run 6.0, let alone
6.1.x.  Me thinks you uploaded the wrong image file.  AFAIK, b2.p75 is for
pipe 50/75's w/ serial numbers above 72xxxxx.  As for how you can fix it,
I'd call Ascend support.  You may have to RMA it.  Or is it too old?

---
kevin

ISDN Support Staff                        kevin.b@flash.net
Flashnet Communications                      [Quake is law]