Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Max 6000 with 7.2.0 reboots every 6 days

> A month ago we installed our first new Max 6000 and it is running 7.2.0 with
> 3-16 port 56k modem cards installed. We presently have a single PRI coming
> into it.  The only routing that we are doing is dial-up ports out to the
> ethernet which is on a 10 baseT network to our backbone router.
>
> The 6000 is rebooting itself every six days like clockwork.
>
> We are planning to add more PRIs and modem cards very soon but would like to
> see stable operation first.
>
> Is anyone else running 7.2.0 on a 6000?
>
> Are you seeing this happen or do we have a hardware problem?

Hi,
	You aint the only one ;).  I have a ticket open with Ascend.  Our
MAX came with 7.0.3 and it did nearly everyday, i upgraded to 7.0.4 and it
wasnt as bad, then i upgraded to 7.2.0 and bang started doing it again.
Out of interest sakes i downgraded back to 7.0.3 bang! started again.  SO
i upgraded to 7.0.4 and it has been steady for 10 days now.  Very strange,
Ascend dont have an answer as of yet, the weird thing is, i changed some
of the routing tables around on our main Cisco, and took RIP of every
single router/term server we haev and it has been steady since.  I don't
know if it could be something like that causing it, but it is sure
coincidental.