Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Hash codes for a 4048HP

You'd think that Ascend/Lucent would just give out the hash codes for free
since they aren't really supporting the 40xx series of boxes anymore, but
no! We were told that it would be about $7000 to enable the second two T1
ports on a 4048! Incredible, isn't it?

If you just want a backup unit, you can purchase a practically-new 4048
without modems for around $1200-$1400 from several places on the 'Net.

Randy