Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) New question about bundeling

Marc,
The situation described with cisco is not a layer 2 bundling.
It is equal cost multipath at IP level (layer 3).
I do not know the limits of the Ascend gear in regards using MPP
on DSL in the first place. If it works, there is some upper limit of
channels but more importantly there is a question of efficiency.
On ISDN, MPP for a full 23 channels of T1 is considered inefficient
due to the overhead of MPP; indeed above about 6-8 channels its not
particularly good idea (but you CAN set a dial profile to dial entire
T1/E1 a channel at a time in rapid succession and maybe there are
situations where such might be appropriate).
Frame Relay -- if you can bundle multiple physical circuits into a pool of
bandwidth for 1 FR PVC I think you should do that.