Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) Configuring NFAS

>From: "Brian Rea" <brea@stargate.net>
>
>I am trying to get NFAS configured and am unable to do it. Is there anyone
>out there that has NFAS running correctly? We are taking the DS3 interface
>and breaking it up into 3 NFAS groups of 10 10 & 8. I am working with bell
>to get the first 10 up and it won't work. They gave me a line ID for each
>DS1 of 0 thru 9 and I have that configured. The Primary and Backup D's are
>on lines 1 & 3 respectively. Here is a look at what I have configured.
>
>enabled = yes
>frame-type = esf
>encoding = b8zs
>clock-source = eligible
>clock-priority = middle-priority
>signaling-mode = isdn-nfas
>robbed-bit-mode = ground-start
>default-call-type = digital
>switch-type = nti-pri
>nfas-group-id = 0
>nfas-id = 0
>incoming-call-handling = internal-processing
>call-by-call = 0
>data-sense = normal
>idle-mode = flag-idle
>FDL = none
>front-end-type = dsx
>DSX-line-length = 1-133
>CSU-build-out = 0-db
>overlap-receiving = no
>pri-prefix-number = ""
>
>Channel-config - channel-config[24] = { nfas-primary-d-channel 9 ""
>  any-shelf any-slot 0 } 1 }

They need to be non-zero for nfas. Your first group of 10 will all
use nfas-group-id 1, and the DS-1s will be nfas-id 1 through 10.
Repeat for each group, using a unique nfas-group-id for each group.

Read the docs on nfas-group-id and nfas-id in case I missed anything.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com   http://www.infoasis.com/

"Where's my burrito?" -- Homer